Picture this: you’re stuck on a stranded island in a grass hut. If you could only pick four (yes, just four appliances) to put in your hut, what would they be? Talking to the experts at RepairClinic, we’ve created a list of the top four must-have hut appliances that we couldn’t live without.
- Dishwasher: That push of a button for (almost) instantly clean dishes appeals to us as that means more time to enjoy those beautiful island sunsets.
- Washing Machine: We think clean clothes beats smelly ones. Plus, on a stranded island there are no department stores.
- Freezer: After being out in that hot sun, nothing beats a nice cold glass of ice water.
- Range/Oven/Stove: What better way to celebrate your day’s catch by broiling fresh mahi-mahi fillets?!
Narrowing the list to just four appliances wasn’t easy, here are the ones that didn’t make the cut:
- Coffee maker: While coffee is a vital component to some people’s diet, going for a brisk walk along the beach and swim in the ocean would more than wake us up.
- Dryer: We felt that you could go old school and hang your clothes up to dry on a drying rack or clothes line. Plus, that way they would get that fresh tropical breeze smell.
- Refrigerator: You can always freeze fresh food but fresh food won’t cool you off like ice does.
- Microwave: We thought food was better prepared in an oven or on the stovetop. Plus, there is always that warm setting to reheat any of those mahi-mahi fillet leftovers.
Tell us! Do you agree with this list? What appliances would you choose for your grass hut?