Seven ways to lower your home energy bill this summer:
1. Lower your water heater temperature setting.
2. Clean your central air conditioning condensing unit coils.
3. Fix broken or failing appliances.
4. Spend time on the lowest level of your home.
5. In sunny rooms, draw the drapes and curtains closed.
6. Only use lighting when it’s needed. Make it a habit of turning off lights as you exit rooms.
7. Make sure your furnace and air handler has a clean air filter.
8. Check out the Money Crasher’s Home Energy Efficiency Audit & Assessment for an in-depth look at how to reduce energy consumption.