In the spirit of National Home Improvement Month, here are five easy ways to make your home more energy efficient:
1. Replace the air filter in your furnace or air handler.
Dirty air filers restrict air flow, causing heating and cooling equipment to use more energy to get their jobs done.
Our exclusive Allergen Shield Plus air filters trap more impurities than most standard filters.
2. Clean off central air condensing unit coils.
Use a convenient coil-cleaning spray to effectively remove dirt and debris and other air flow restrictions.
3. Use a programmable thermostat.
Adjust the temperature of your home on the go.
4. Remove lint buildup in dryer venting.
Lint buildup in dryer venting restricts air flow, causes the dryer to work longer to complete a cycle and creates high risk of a fire. Use a long dryer vent cleaning brush to remove lint from the inside of the dryer to the outside.
5. Pay attention to changes in appliance and equipment performance and complete repairs right away.
Appliances, outdoor power equipment and heating and cooling equipment often show warning signs of problems long before break downs. Troubleshoot and complete repairs to save energy and prevent costlier problems.